The best blog ever.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

If I were Boras

I would wait until the most rediculous starting pitching contract has been signed, until the precedent has been set, to have Matsuzaka be posted. That way he gets leverage even though he can only negotiate with one team. Of course, I hope he doesn't do this, but I bet he will, given he's a ruthless bastard. I've heard Sori's contract may go well above 100 million, which maybe isn't rediculous when you consider the current market, but I think it's gonna take a team that's either statistically inept or desperately in need of a star to sign him. Fortunately for him, there are plenty of teams like that out there.

In other news, it looks like the Yanks have at least one trade in line for Sheffield. They're holding out on a better offer, but it looks like he will be dealt before Sunday, the day Sheffield's option must be decided on. Cashman, for obvious reasons, won't pick up his option unless he knows he has a trade in order.

No comments: